The girlfriend and I decided this could be our last chance to soak in some sun this summer. So, if you need me, I’ll be buying a six pack and getting my midwest tan on by the lake.
Don’t decide to do anything news-worthy today, Bulls!
- DeMar DeRozan dropped some late-night news on Friday!
- The Bulls’ All-Star will hit up the Drew League again this afternoon with a special guest. Unless he walks in with Michael Jordan, I find it hard to believe the man will be able to top his appearance with LeBron James from a couple of weeks back. But, still, it’s pretty darn awesome that he continues to bring along some friends, and I have to wonder if one of his current Bulls teammates could walk through the door this time around.
- We know that a majority of the Bulls roster recently spent time in the LA area for voluntary group workouts. I have to imagine at least a couple would be willing to suit up for a Pro-Am matchup, especially one of the youngsters like Patrick Williams and Ayo Dosunmu. Only time will tell!
- Speaking of youngsters, the Pacers star guard announced that he’ll take the Drew League court tomorrow:
- The Chicago Bulls guard has made his way to Australia for the latest Basketball Without Borders Asia Camp. According to BasketballNews.com’s Spencer Davis and NBA Australia’s Instagram account, White will be joined by Jarrett Allen of the Cavs, Cameron Johnson of the Suns, and Josh Green of the Mavs. White has been close friends with Johnson, in particular, since their days at UNC (the famous “wow, bro” at the draft was in reference to Johnson), so I have to imagine that will make this opportunity all the more special.
- Indeed, as up and down as White’s first few seasons in the NBA have turned out to be, he still seems to be such a great locker room guy. Numerous teammates have praised his goofy personality, while Billy Donovan has gushed over his work ethic. He’ll be an awesome mentor and great league representative!
- So about the rebounding issues …
- If Patrick Williams can’t make a greater impact on the glass while next to either of these two, there could still be trouble at times. But there is no question the duo of Nikola Vucevic and Andre Drummond will clean up some of the rebounding issues. We should see much more consistent production in this department when Vucevic is off the floor, especially on the offensive glass, which was a MAJOR problem.
- Seriously, while Drummond might have his deficiencies, few players have been as dominant as him rebounding the basketball. I also love knowing that if Vucevic needs the night off, we shouldn’t see a massive drop-off in this category with Drummond in the starting lineup.
- ICYMI: Scottie Pippen didn’t thin words when sharing his thoughts on this current Bulls team.
- Do you think any of Goran Dragic’s tried to sneak a “Don’t Show the Derrick Rose Poster” Clause into his contract?
- Hey, that seems like good news!