When you have cats at home, having to clean up their messes is most likely inevitable. So here are some things that you should know about how to clean cat urine to help you in this unavoidable situation.
* Dry the area using a cotton cloth, let it absorb the urine do not rub it or you would be spreading the mess.
* Do not use ammonia. Cat urine has ammonia content so this would aggravate the situation for your cat might identify the smell and would think that it is fine to do its thing on that area all the time
* You can use a solution of 1:1 vinegar to water to clean the surface. Soak a clean cloth in it and wipe the area completely. Let it dry then rinse it very well. In using this solution, you are not only cleaning the surface, you are also deodorizing and disinfecting it because of the acetic content of vinegar.
* You may also use a commercial deodorizing product if the odor is too strong that the vinegar cannot remedy any more, you may find this in grocery stores.
* Clean up as soon as possible to avoid further penetration of the urine into the surface making it more difficult to clean up.
It would help if you could train your cat on the proper use of its litter box. Just spend some time with it and be patient, when your cat knows where to do it you won’t have to deal with the same problem any longer. You may also bring your pet to the vet for it might be having some urinary tract problem that is causing the situation.
Now that you know how to clean cat urine, your task would be easier and faster because you already know where to focus on and what to avoid. Now, shall I say, enjoy cleaning?